Wednesday, October 27, 2010

So, this has turned out to be a bit of a failed project. But since I never like to leave things undone, I figured I would at least try to give it another go. I have written a few things here and there, but a large catastrophe rather threw a wrench in the works. The story I worked on for years ground to a halt. Not because of the story... but because of this (rather smart) piece of advice. My friend was reading it and told me- "This is a good story, but no matter how much you revise it, since you wrote it when you were 13, it sounds like you wrote it when you were 13." Which obviously it did. I just didn't want to admit it, since that meant starting over.

I finally gave in and tried to start over, but only made it about six pages in before fizzling out. Then I got my tonsils out, then I moved into my first apartment, then I started my second year of college. None of which are good excuses for not writing... but maybe make it at least a little easier to understand why writing got pushed to the back burner.

Even now I don't find myself with very much free time. However this is important to me, so I am, once again, breathing life into my books.

Wish me luck on my journey!

"You are never too old to set another goal or to dream another dream."
~C. S. Lewis

No comments:

Post a Comment