Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Post 2.... In the same night!

Ok, normally I wouldn't post twice in one day, but I had to.

My friend introduced me to this site- NaNoWriMo. I'd never heard of it, and asked her to tell me more!!

It is National Novel Writing Month. People sign up, and from November 1st to November 30th, put out a 50,000 word novel. Sounds rather daunting, no? I think so. But at the same time, I am so excited by this opportunity!!

In the "About" section of the NaNoWriMo website, they say that having to write so much in such a limited amount of time makes writers take risks. They can't afford to pore over the little details. They have to just shove out as much as they can. Which is a great idea!! I know for myself, that's where I get stuck. The little details that I can't seem to let go of, but know I really need to.

I am using this as an opportunity to try and work past that perfectionist quality so that I can actually finish a whole 50,000 words. It's going to be hard, I know that going in. But I believe in myself- I can make it happen!!

"Go for the moon. If you don't get it, you'll still be heading for a star."
~Willis Reed

No comments:

Post a Comment